How to Bypass Firewalls, Proxy Servers and hide IP address (Anonymity)

Update:- If in case you are looking for a tutorial to actually BLOCK any website on your computer that too without using any software, follow this link.

Most network administrators at work, university or school deny access to certain websites, instant messaging or social networks such as facebook, myspace or orkut with a firewall or proxy server. If you are constantly getting a message saying “Can’t connect” or something similar, the service you are trying to connect to have probably been blocked by your network administrator.

The same is the case with my college LAN where most of the things are blocked and even many institutional sites are not accessible. Damn it! But as soon as the system is made, next day it’s broken. That’s the way we suppose to live.

So, it’s time to focus on our main topic- how to bypass firewalls, proxy servers and hide IP address.

Software Requirements

1- JAP -> Download and Install.

Alternate link (working 100%)

2- Java Runtime Enviroment(JRE) -> Download and Install.

There is an open source utility called JAP that protects our privacy on the Internet. In process to this it also helps to bypass firewalls and proxy servers.

Instead of connecting directly to a webserver, users take a detour, connecting with encryption through several intermediaries, so-called Mixes. JAP uses a predetermined sequence for the mixes. Such a sequence of linked mixes is called a Mix Cascade. Users can choose between different mix cascades.

Since many users use these intermediaries at the same time, the internet connection of any one single user is hidden among the connections of all the other users. No one, not anyone from outside, not any of the other users, not even the provider of the intermediary service can determine which connection belongs to which user.

Let’s learn how to configure it. Just follow the steps:-

1- After installation, open JAP and click on “Config” button.

A “Settings” window will get opened.

2- Click on “Network” and if you are using any proxy to connect to the Internet then enter your proxy details under “Proxy/Firewall” section. Don’t forget to choose type of the proxy you are having.

3- Next, choose “Services” under “Anonymity” option.

4- Click on the “Reload” button and after few minutes you’ll get a list of services called “Mix Cascades and single Mixes”

It is through these services we will get connected to the Internet, bypass the firewall and surf anonymously. It’s important to first understand these different types of services before start using it. There are basically 3 types of services that may be available to you at a given time. First one is the paid one, second is free services and third is the test service.

We will be focusing on Free Services here. Now how to recognize which service is of what type?

5- From the dropdown list above select “Mix cascades without costs“.

6- Now the RED stop mark before a service name shows it is “excluded by filter” which means it’s a paid service. But a BLUE ball mark before a service name shows it’s free to use.

7- Choose any one of the available free services and click on the “Select” button to activate it.

Free Services that I prefer are “Dresden-Dresden” or “SpeedParter-ULD

8- Click “OK”.

That’s it. You are all set to connect to the Internet now.

9- Set Anonymity to “On“.

Soon JAP will get connected. Now, let’s learn how to use it.

To make web applications ( like Internet Explorer, YM, GTalk etc) work with JAP, use “IP address” 127.0.0.1 and “port number” 4001 under connection settings of your applications.

(If this particular part is not clear, please ask your doubts in comments section of this post)

ALL DONE!!!

No more blocked web sites, no more blocked IMs. Everything is unblocked now that too with certain level of anonymity. Isn’t great?

Do share your thoughts on this. It’s your comments and feedbacks that matters a lot. They are priceless.

94 Responses to “How to Bypass Firewalls, Proxy Servers and hide IP address (Anonymity)”

1. rad says:

Hi,
    I installed JAP few days ago and it was working great but now JAP can’t connect to services. Propably admin in my company noticed that, he couldn;t spy me ;) so he forced the proxy server. Please help me, what have I to do to ma JAP start working.

Thanks!

2. muqsith says:

Hi, Rakshit

My dreaded company uses Black Spider WebDefence which, to my experience, is very tough (and frustrating T_T) to bypass. beside www blocking, it also blocks vital EXE download. do you know how to bypass those nosy actions?

or perhaps, do you happen to know any proxy websites that does not contain suggestive words such as “proxy”, “bypass”, etc?
    i’ve used en.httptunneling.net intensively before, but now the websites seems to have lost or malfunctioned T_T T_T…

thx a lot…

@Muqsith
    Did you try JAP to bypass all those stuffs? Believe me its very powerful application. Try it and let me know.

There are many websites as well that can bypass firewalls but they are pretty slow. I’ll give you the names of those as well but first, try out this JAP and lets see how this goes for you.

Rakshit’s last blog post… How To Get Rid Of Programs You Didn’t Install

4. [...] tutorial is needed for average skilled users. Until I write one, I recommend the folowing post: How to Bypass Firewalls, Proxy Servers and hide IP address (Anonymity) from Rakshit Khare’s [...]

5. Nishan says:

Hey buddy,
    I got your link while seeking bypass link and wanted to know something.
    I guess you have strong knowledge in computer and you will help me to solve my problem.
    I am frustrated facing block of sites, and when I tried to open yur JAP.
    Thats also blocked so do you have any idea ?
    I can download Java but not JAP so….?
    Help man

@Nishan

You mean to say you are not able to download JAP, right? Have you tried both the links listed above?

For more download links just search google with keywords “Download JAP” and you will find lots of link there.

In case of any problem just feel free to get back to me. :-)

7. Nishan says:

Thx man.
    I let you know when I face problems.
    But hope you will keep in touch.

@Nishan

I am always here…. :-)

9. Kesho says:

TTHNX MAN U R GR8.. but belive it or not, it seems that all sites i can download JAP from are blocked..i downloaded it from DOWNLOAD.com and installed it.. setup completed but when i try to open it ,it just open a black window same like COMMAND window then it close.. JRE is installed. i tried all the other links u gave to download JAP but no 1 works.. can u help me wz that. thanx alot

10. Kesho says:

hi,, im sorry if im asking much questions , but is there any way to use the YM without using JAP .. i tried the sites listed to open YM but all are blocked

@Kesho

Could you please tell the file size that you downloading….. May be the setup you are downloading is corrupted.

@Kesho

Also, try this site :- IMO

13. anie says:

hi rakshit,

Is there any other way for me to use yahoo messenger without using JAP. My company only allow google and msn search. yahoo search is totally blocked. For your info VNC server also installed in my PC.

hope you could help me.. thanks in advance.

14. koos says:

Hi

im getting the following error when opening JAP “Error contacting the JonDonym information service”

any ideas on how to fix this?

15. Aatif says:

Dear Rakshit,

Thanks for this. I am not a computer savy person at all but i figured it out somehow..lol! I need your help desperately. I did this while i was at work on my laptop throu the wifi and it worked great. When i came home and used it through my cell phone modem its not working. The jondo thing says its connected but i cannot access the sites..please help as i am in a fix!!! I thought it would happen easier but it didnt. I await your response. Once again many thanks. This is the first site that has helped in months.

@Aatif

Hey I think Internet from cell phone does not require any proxy settings, is it? Are websites blocked even from your cell phone internet???

17. 9in3 says:

pliz…can anyone tell me in detail how to use utorrent with jap and how to use limewire also.thanks in advance.and beatiful website too..

18. theinQuister says:

Hi,

Great tutorial, i have been searching for such a software, however i haven’t yet gone through the whole tutorial, will do in mean time. I want to know that can this be applied to bypass service providers, so one can use net without worrying about net usage. Suppose I have a limited usage account with my broadband service provider so when ever ill be surfing or downloading through net the usage limit decreses so is there a way to bypass this…..

19. Jojo says:

Hi Rakshit,

Thank you for the very informative blog. One concern I have about JAP though is that it almost sounds too good to be true. Even though it would be great to have anonymity at work so that my employer is not aware of the websites I visit, how safe is JAP as far as virusses are concerned? Meaning, am I opening up my PC to all sorts of virus threats when using JAP?

20. WebMax says:

I use hidemyass, it works everytime and the bandwidth is good.

21. joe says:

i recently visited this proxy website http://www.notrailsurf.com And the best thing i like about is that it is spam free and easily loading without much ads in surfing pages.It is one among the best proxy website to unblock orkut, facebook, muspace in schools, colleges etc.
    regards Joe

22. nixon 9in3 says:

also check this software..search for ultrasurf..its also a good software..and freegate..only that freegate allows people with china ip addresses only..so if there is a way to change your ip to look like your from china then you can use freegate.

23. web proxy says:

Great post – Just subscriped to your RSS feed.. Thanks

24. Bobby says:

Hey Rakshit, our org has installed FortiGuard firewall (latest version) this week. Am looking for a way to bypass the firewall to use google-chat, facebook & orkut. Googling led me to our site. Just a small line to check if the steps mentioned would work. Thanks bud.

@Bobby

It should work like a charm. Go forward and try it out. Let me know if you need any further assistance on this. :-)

26. Bobby says:

Hey Rakshit, both JRE and JAP links are blocked. Is it ok to download (while at home and not on office network) – and would it work when i am back on the office network.

@Bobby

It will work without any problem. You just need to download and install it either by hook or crook…. :-)

28. Bobby says:

Hey Rakshit, working perfectly fine! Thanks bud! Adore your blog!

29. Tj says:

Hello, can i use jap with yahoo messenger? please tell me what to do?

30. blackwater says:

Hi Rakshit,

I realy appreciate ur assist. I download JAP but during the first installtion message pop up (Download Error, Setup will be aborted). I tried many times to install the JAP but I can’t plz If u have any idea let me know….

Thanks

31. sathika says:

Hi,
    I have download both above & installed but while configuring, it shows error message saying that it can’t connect to the internet so check the cables & turn off the firewall.
    But my company is not allow me to change firewall settings & it is disabled. also my company is using “GFI Web monitor” for filtering sites (Which is very powerful).

appreciate if you could help me on this.

32. carlos says:

Hi Rakshit,

Thanks

33. Sayak says:

hey rakshit….awesome blog man…i have been using jap, your freedom and ultrasurf 4 3 years now to bypass my college proxy… but alas!!! i never seem to get utorrent or any other torrent software 2 work using proxies…. can u tel me how 2 configure utorrent to work via jap or ultrasurf??

34. irma says:

I can’t download JAB as it is also blocked here in the university and the faculty residence where I live. I tried to download it from other places as you suggested but everything is blocked PLEASE HELP as here in the mountains of Ifrane, Morocco there is nothing to do, and at least with thepiratebay I can download the tv shows and moviesI like to see (no cinema here)

35. reoc says:

Hi sir

if i install this program in my work the IT department can see that i have install it, and can it make a damage to other users or other IP address

thanks in advance

regards

36. Ajay Umredkar says:

Hi Rakshit,

DO this software also use to download the files from utorrent, because i want to use Utorrent to download the softwares but unfortunately it has been blocked by the administrator.
    Please tell me some tips to bypass this and how to use Utorent sofware.
    Waiting for your reply.

Thanks
    Ajay

37. SAM says:

Hello !
    I live in college hostel. The authorities have imposed a download limit of 25 MB on any download. How to bypass this download limit?
    We have a proxy server thru which v connect 2 internet.

Using JAP will help bypass the proxy, thus bypass the download limit ?

Thanks in advance
    Sam

@SAM

You must be using some client to connect to internet right? If yes, then once you have connected to JAP, sign out from that client and you will see that the JAP is still connected even though you have logged yourself out from the client. Since you have logged yourself out from the client, the download limit will not be recorded and you enjoy unlimited internet…. Let me know if this works…. It certainly worked for me when I was in the college and we used to connect internet using Cyberoam Corporate Client.

39. reguitar says:

Rakshit,
    Great blog. Some have asked how you configure limewire or utorrent to use jondo. I would really appreciate an answer on this subject. For a few reasons I want to know that my file transfers are anonymous as well as web browsing. Jondo is working fine with firefox by the way. If I start to download and turn off firefox am I anonymous with Jondo on. It apears that way but would like to make sure.
    Tahnks in advance
    reguitar

40. reguitar says:

Replied to my email but never answered my question on email or blog site-why? Apologies if your just behind. Could use an answer please.
    Thanks reguitar

41. I’m on that online community and 1 guy was chatting involving your information site. My interest brought me pursuing. I will not possess a single thing horrible to say concerning your world wide web, Infact I imagine this in actuality is an incredible weblog! Continually writing!

42. zedenaka says:

This works perfect!!!

Thank You Very Much!!!

I only noticed that the page loading is slower :(

43. jiss says:

@Rakshit
    As joe posted, I used this web based proxy http://www.notrailsurf.com/ and works fine. I checked my ip using whatsmyip and found that my ip is hidden.

44. Sonu says:

In my office their is a LAN System . On one PC my IT gyu has installed monetring system so that he can know which website we are visiting or what and how much data we are downloadin
    He has nstalled one extra LAN card and Windows XP server in the monetring PC. He has also noted IP address of all my other co worker.
    Please help me so that he can not come to know how to what i am browsing and what i am downloading and how much data i have downladed from Internet.