Protect Your Computer with Three Free Security Applications

If you think an Antivirus alone can protect your system from all types of security threats, think again. Viruses, Spywares and even Hackers can harm your computer in a way, we can never dream of. Today, if our computer is connected to the internet, in no way we can relax and say that nothing can harm us. You got be careful and be extra active about your online safety.

In this article, I will deal with the THREE must have security applications on every computer that is used to access internet. Moreover, if I say these applications are totally free, it adds value to it.

So here goes the review of my own personal TOP 3 free security applications which I recommend to each and every person reading this article:-

1- Comodo Firewall Pro- Secure your system against internal attacks such as Trojan viruses / malicious software and external attacks by hackers. Safeguard your personal data through a simple user friendly single click interface offering full immunity to attack. Comodo Firewall Pro helps you connect in a secure way to the internet and global networks.

2- Spyware Terminator- Spyware Terminator includes Real-Time Protection, HIPS, and antivirus. Effectively remove spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, home page hijackers, and malware threats even dangerous threats like Look2Me, BetterInternet, VX2, and CWS. Spyware Terminator is easy-to-use, requires minimal PC resources, and performs ultra fast scans. Protect your computer with powerful real-time protection shield, advanced system scanning and safe quarantine for found spyware. Scan your computer manually or schedule full system sweeps. Perform in-depth scans of your computer’s hard drives, memory, process, registry and cookies to seek out and remove all known spyware threats. Includes optional Web Security Guard which displays website reviews and threat level to help identify potentially dangerous Web sites.

3- Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition- Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic is a comprehensive, easy to use antivirus program, designed to offer reliable free of charge virus protection to home-users only. Avira offers: 1.Extensive Malware Recognition of viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, etc. 2.Automatic incremental updates of antivirus signatures, engine and entire software. 3.Permanent virus protection, with Virus Guard real time monitoring. 4.Install and configuration in just a couple of steps, setup to protect your PC in minutes. 5.Virus protection against known and unknown threats, using an advanced heuristic system. 6.Scheduler where you can set the scanner to make automatic virus scans or updates on your system. 7.Forum and phone support, Knowledge Base with virus descriptions available on web site. 8.Vista Support. 9. Rootkit Detection and Removal.

I am sure these three security applications will surely help you to access internet more freely without any danger of getting trapped by unwanted programs. Having said that, in this modern world where technology is growing at a rapid pace, we can’t stay protected every time. But at least we can try best possible methods to maintain our privacy and kick those malicious programs out of our neighborhoods.

If you want more deep enhanced review on free Anti-viruses, I recommend reading this article on Technospot and this one on Nirmal’s blog.

What measures do you take to protect your system from possible security threats? Have you tried these 3 security applications? What was your experience?

Credit: CNET networks

15 Responses to “Protect Your Computer with Three Free Security Applications”

1. Nirmal says:

Thanks for the mention. :-)

@Nirmal,
    You’re welcome.

3. Keshav Khera says:

Well, I use Kaspersky Internet Security which takes care of all the baddies ;)

Yeah, I heard that it’s very effective Internet Security suit but never tried. Is it free, Keshav?

5. Keshav Khera says:

lol, no dude it’s not free. It is one of the most costly security suites out there.

So, are you using trial version or paid one?

7. Venu says:

I have never been a big fan of free anti virus softwares, i probably need to check on the ones that you have mentioned..
    i for one use kaspersky and compared to norton its way too good, doesnt take much memory or cpu and its worth every penny :)

Thanks for the comments, Venu.

Obviously, there are certain shortcomings of free applications but yes, these 3 tools are right on top. Will surely protect your PC from any harmful activities.

I don’t like Norton too. It’s too heavy on my 256mb laptop.

:-)

9. Keshav Khera says:

@Rakshit
    Well, i use neither of the types you specified ;) did u get it? :D

Yeah, Keshav I get it as clear as crystal.
    hehe… :-D
    All I can say is that you are not alone.
    ;-)

11. [...] tells us about three free Internet security applications that can protect our [...]

12. Jawwad says:

Hah! last two comments are really interesting to say the least… BTW Comodo Firewall Pro is a fantastic firewall(best in the business in my opinion). I can tell. Only downside is the high load on the humble systems like I have.

Thanks for your comments, Jawwad. There are certain things that should be interpreted without speaking a word.
    ;-)

14. SKEpsiS says:

Because of lack of AV licenses (money) I use Comodo Internet Security on a few domestic stations and I’m quite satisfied. Slows down my PC a little bit, pops-up too often but protects a whole lot.

A friend of mine is using AntiVir and we are still deciding on which is “relatively” better.

My personal opinion is that there cannot be a AV which is the best protection for a PC. It depends on the OS applied, consumer usage, it’s geographical location (local hackers), network architecture and mostly luck! I always prefer an AV which doesn’t slow down my PC but still does the job as intended.

My personal best is NOD32, but it’s not free. For other AV softwares I can definitely say that Symantec’s Norton AV was great years ago, but now it’s crap (sorry, but it’s true). It slows down the PC immensely, it doesn’t find/protect from all possible viruses and cannot be completely removed (only if you format the hard disk).

15. Faith Foster says:

I always prefer to use Kasperky over Avast or McAfee. Kaspersky is much better in detecting new viruses and it does not consume too much resources on your dektop PC.;**