How to check if someone has blocked you on Google Talk

There is a great little instant messaging utility, Pidgin that helps to find who has blocked you in Google Talk. If you not sure how to configure Pidgin with Google Talk, I advice you to first visit this page.

Ok, now when you are aware of how to configure Pidgin to work with Google Talk, I’ll guide how to make smart use of Pidgin to identify who has blocked you on Google Talk.

It’s very simple. Just follow the steps:-

1- Log in to your Gmail account on Pidgin.
2- Go to “Buddies” -> “Show Offline Buddies“. (A person who has blocked you must be showing offline to you. So you need to make all offline friends visible)

3- Now all your contacts are visible to you. Pick any one of those.
4- Right Click on your chosen contact name and select “Get Info“.

It will show you the brief information of your contact. Now, if any of your contact has blocked you on Google Talk, you will not be able to see his/her profile.

6- Select a contact who you think may have blocked you. Again, Right Click on his/her name and select “Get Info“. You will not see anything. Not even the contact’s name.

This goes to show that this particular contact has blocked you on Google Talk and don’t want to talk to you and so it appears to be offline always.

Hope, you like this article. This is the only way I could able to find out to determine who has blocked you on Google Talk. What’s your comment on this?

287 Responses to “How to check if someone has blocked you on Google Talk”

1. Sharath says:

with this method you will be able to find invisible users without sending them even a single message.

am bored: Find Invisible users in gmail, gtalk chat without sending any message

2. Priyanka says:

Thank you….I didnt even know there was something like pidgin…..i only knew about meebow…..ur tip helped me to identify those who have blocked me in gtalk……Thanks once again

3. fernandoZ says:

how do u kno if sombody put u on “nevr show”? and if u can see the profile foto does that mean no way ure blocked?

4. Anuranjani says:

I love this.
    I got to know that people I thought have blocked me really didn’t and my brother did block me.
    Great information.thank you so much.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. kunal says:

its a gr8 find ….thanx mate for the solid info

6. Piyush says:

Thnxx Bhai sahab………..

7. fernandoZ says:

I had a question as the comments below seem to contradict each other. If you can see someone’s profile pic in Gmail, does that mean you’re not blocked? Or the other person could have selected “visible to everyone” and that’s why you see their profile pic even tho they blocked you?

* * *
    Hi Sam
    Sorry for replying late.

As far as your question is concerned, if you are able to view the profile pic of the other person it is dead sure that you are not being blocked by him.

VERSUS

@Sunny
    If a person has blocked you or not, you will always see his updated profile pic. It has been tested on my own two gmail accounts. So, now it becomes very difficult to find out who has blocked you?

8. fernandoZ says:

I had a question as the two comments I’ve included below seem to contradict each other. If you can see someone’s profile pic in Gmail, does that mean you’re not blocked? Or the other person could have selected “visible to everyone” and that’s why you see their profile pic even tho they blocked you?

And how do you know if someone put you on never show?

* * *
    Hi Sam
    Sorry for replying late.

VERSUS

@Sunny

9. sb says:

I want to know if someone has blocked my EMAILS from coming through on gmail. I know that to block someone’s emails you have to set a filter that automatically deletes them but I want to know if I would receive an undeliverable message or a failed send message or something if I had been blocked in that way and if not is there any other way to find out if they have blocked my emails?

10. nutty says:

thanks a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
    i don’t know how i will express my thanks to u

11. deepak patel says:

long live buddy….thnx a tonne…..

12. momo says:

Doesn’t work for skype. I tested it few times with 4 different accounts from different PCs. The info is still there and the contact shows offline. No difference with skype.

13. Anubhaw says:

gr8 work dude……………thnx for ur support

14. Wow says:

You’re brilliant

15. Bebo says:

Hi Rakshit,
    Buddy, you’re doing a great job indeed. Here, i dont know whether my queries fall under yr domain or not but on the 2nd thought i dont know either whom to consult for that :( I thought perhaps u can help me. If NOT, :( its OK :(
    Well, my questions are:
    1. How can i remain “Invisible” and “Away” on G-Talk, as there are no such options mentioned there?
    2. I have recently downloaded G-Talk on my Windows Vista successfully, but have also got “Chat disabled” on my G-mail account, which was working fine before downlaoding G-Talk. Now i cant even see my contact list and who is offline/online. Is there any conditioned connection between the two (Gmail & Gtalk)?

Your kind help will be highly regarded.

Regards
    Bebo

16. TB says:

I am pretty sure that one of my contacts has blocked me on gtalk. (I saw him online on one of my friends gtalk but appears offline to me). I tried the pidgin thingy, but it still shows his info. Is it becoz I have saved my chats with him or does it take like n number of days before it works?

17. axe says:

I found this website. It worked for me.

18. Esha says:

ohhh boy!! This works ……thnkx a ton!

19. kit says:

Simple way to find whether som1 has blocked u in Gtalk or not.

No need to install pidgin u can do it with gtalk also.

if u find some of your’s friends not coming online then just type his name/ mail ID if there is an option of “invite” or “invite again” that means he has blocked u.

20. [...] How to check if someone has blocked you on Google Talk [...]

21. kyle541 says:

If you need to check whether someone is invisible or has blocked you, this website is working pretty good https://www.gtalkstatus.co.cc/

22. kirthi says:

I have installed pigdin. for one contact when i right click it says in the subscription column as ‘To’ – what is the difference when subscription says “To” and when subscription says “Both”. For all my contacts it is “both” (including the one i blocked. Just for one contact it is “to”- please let me know

i also have installed the plugin for skype. how to know if someone has blocked me in skype.

23. Ankit says:

Thanks a million friend…
    I am really thankful…

24. Cathy says:

I have a question: You said if we don’t see anything (including the contact’s name it means he/she blocked u. But what if I don’t see the contact’s name, but only his/her status – does it still mean the contact block me?

Can u please answer the question – it’s important!

Thanks.

@Cathy — It seems you are not blocked. If you could send me the screenshot of the screen, probably, I can confirm that. Mail me on admin[at]rakshitk.com…

26. Carlos says:

Hi, I am glad you made this post. I had figured this out already (I am a big linux user and use pidgin), but you confirmed it for me. Great info, I will have to check this ad more often.

27. Owen says:

I’m on google talk in Pidgin. One of my contact is offline and its written ”not authorized” beside of is name. This person block me or what?

28. Ko Ko says:

The most easiest way to know the blockers on Gtalk is just to click on the account which you assume blocking you ,and try to leave a voice mail. If you can’t leave a voice mail for that particular account , it means that you have been blocked by him or her.

@Owen

Your contact has not blocked you. “Not Authorized” means that when you have sent the friend request to that contact, that person has still not accepted it or may be declined your request.

30. Owen says:

Thanks for the response.

This contact is on my gmail for years! Normally i see her online… Why the system send a request ??? She delete me without block and the system re-send a invitation ? Its possible?

31. dorsa says:

hi
    i used your way but i can not see even the person who does not blocked me,
    unfortunately it is my sister,i asked her husband through their email to ask me sth in usa, then i guess my sister blocked me in her aol account that i taught her. now i want to know is she really blocked my gmail or not

@dorsa

So you meant to say that the contacts that has not blocked you, their information also you are not able to see, right?

@Owen

I don’t think Pidgin will send the request by its own. You might not see your contact online in Pidgin but yes, if you login to gmail or gtalk, you can always see whether they are online or offline. Whatever I said before, holds true only when you are using Pidgin… Hope this helps…Please get back to me if you need further information on that. :-)

34. Asim says:

As it is discussed above about the the profile pic that it shoes, someone has blocked you or not. Here I would like to add my personal experience. The old profile pic, that the other person was using, before blocking you, remains visible to you either he has blocked you or not. Unless and until you reinstall your gtalk.

35. emran xaman says:

Bro,

I am from Pakistan, and I higly appreciate your efforts. It was such a nice article. Congrats and Thumbs up bro.

A very nice blog portal, keep it up.

Imran uz Zaman
    CISA,
    Assistant Director,
    State Bank of Pakistan.

36. Carolina says:

If someone has removed you, not blocked you, but deleted you from their buddy list, can you see their picture? Thanks in advance.

37. rk says:

Thats a great submission, in addition i must admit that the interface of pidgin is also quite nice, like the old school of chatting.
    Thanks for such an article….

38. Rahman says:

This Pidgin system is really helpful..

39. Rahman says:

another system is not give perfect result..but pidgin system is awesome .

But by using this system I know a truth & I m shocked ..cz some person blocked me.. it ws really shocking that he block me :(

40. niyas says:

Very gooooddddddddddd

41. Ashley says:

If the contact is in ‘invisible’ mode, do you still not see his or her info? In other words if you do not see anything when you click get info, does it mean that the person had blocked you or could it also mean that he/she is invisible? Would appreciate a reply.

42. RJ says:

I use gtalk on pigdin. for one contact when i right click it says in the subscription column as ‘To’ – what is the difference when subscription says “To” and when subscription says “Both”.
    Also, how can we detect invisible gtalk users on pidgin?

43. LC says:

Hello,
    Ii would like to ask you a question. Can you still receive an email from someone on Gmail if you blocked him on Gmail chat?
    Thanks
    Enjoy the holidays!

44. priya says:

gtalkstatus.co.cc is not woking now…is there any way to find out invisible users…

45. Noor says:

Hi Rakshit,

Happy New Yr. :-)

Thank you very much for this useful tool that you have on ur blog. It was very helpful to me, and I didnt even know there was such a thing like pidgin that existed. I appreciate you taking the time to blog abt certain things for ppl like me, that arent as ‘tech’ savvy as you are. I hope to see more useful tips and keep up the good work! =)

Regards,

Noor

46. Sheila says:

Hello,

Thank you very much for the solution.
    I checked it with one of my contacts at Gmail . When I clicked on “Get info” , I did not see his name but there was one thing:
    status: offline
    Does it mean that he has blocked me?

Would you please answer me as soon as possible? This is very important to me. Thank you very much.

Sheila

47. priya says:

thanq …
    it worked
    g8 wrk dude…
    ;)

48. zeetu1422 says:

thanks bhai

u dont know how iam feeling now????

49. Sheila says:

Hello,

Thank you for your great solution.
    I downloaded Pidgin and when I clicked on “Get info” , the only information I saw was “Status: Offline”. Does this mean that my contact has blocked me on google chat?
    Pleeeeeeeeease reply to me. It is very important.

Thank you.